Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioner Service
Providing Installation, Repair & Maintenance in Baltimore, MD
Never ask “Where can I find a ductless air conditioner company near me?” again! If you need ductless AC installation, replacement, repair, or maintenance in the Baltimore or Annapolis, Maryland areas, All Seasons Heating & Cooling is the only name you need to know. For service or an estimate, contact us now—443-304-2379!
Ductless AC Installation
Do you use portable or window unit air conditioners to cool your home? Are you finding that they just don’t provide enough cooling? Making the switch from portable air conditioning to window air conditioning can potentially save you big bucks on your monthly cooling bills. Unfortunately, if you don’t have ductwork it can be quite a project—unless you choose to install a ductless mini-split air conditioner!
Benefits of Installing Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioners
Ductless air conditioners are exactly what you’d think they are—air conditioners that don’t need ductwork to move cooled air throughout your home. Ductless air conditioners are made up of an exterior condenser and an indoor evaporator unit and provide cooling to your home via modular blower units that can be fitted to the walls and ceiling of the rooms in your home.
Ductless mini-split air conditioners provide many benefits, including:
- Ductless air conditioners are easy to install. Since ductless air conditioners don’t require ducts, installing and connecting the indoor and outdoor units of a ductless air conditioning system is extremely easy, requiring only a few electrical and refrigerant conduits. When the blower unit is mounted onto the wall, these lines can usually be installed through holes in the wall as small as three inches in diameter, minimizing visible damage.
- Ductless air conditioners have lower upfront costs. Since ductless air conditioners are so small, they tend to be a lot less expensive than normal central air conditioners. Naturally, costs will add up as you add more blower units (most systems can accommodate up to four) but the total upfront costs still end up being comparable. The biggest money saving advantage that comes from installing a ductless air conditioner is that they, obviously, don’t require ductwork installation, meaning you can completely avoid that cost!
- Ductless air conditioners allow for easy zoning. Because they operate using individual blower modules, ductless air conditioners are extremely easy to install in any room in the house, providing unmatched zoning flexibility. Any not only are they easy to install, but zoned air conditioners are much more effective than the typical dampers found in central air conditioners, which only slow the flow of air rather than stopping it. With a ductless air conditioner, you can just switch the blower off!
- Ductless air conditioners are extremely efficient. Outside of choosing the highest SEER, there are two things you can do to maximize your air conditioner efficiency—set up zones and seal your ducts. As we detailed above, zoning is a breeze. And as for the duct sealing, well, that’s not an issue!
- Ductless air conditioners are quiet. Since the condenser and compressor units of ductless air conditioners are so small, they don’t make nearly as much noise as larger ACs when they start up or run—in fact, you may never hear them at all!
If you’re tired of using clumsy and inefficient window air conditioners to cool your home, don’t wait until the temperature breaches 110—call All Seasons Heating & Cooling and ask about how to install a ductless air conditioner in your Baltimore, Maryland home!
Ductless Air Conditioning Repair in Baltimore & Annapolis
If you have a ductless AC unit, you know that it is a reliable, effective system. However, like all mechanical equipment, it will occasionally malfunction and breakdown. When that happens, we can help! Our HVAC technicians are well-versed in ductless AC knowledge and can repair any problem you have, or offer replacements when necessary.
If you’re not sure if your ductless system is ready for repairs, here are a few signs:
- Your unit is leaking or dripping refrigerant. Refrigerant is designed to absorb heat from your home, so when the refrigerant is gone, your air conditioner will be ineffective.
- You find ice accumulated on the evaporator coil. The weight of the ice can damage your equipment and can completely stop it from working.
- Your air conditioner is making odd noises. When you start hearing unusual noises, it could be a sign of any number of things including: a broken fan blade, a burned-out motor, cracked refrigerant or condensate lines.
Whatever the problem with your ductless AC, the professionals at All Seasons Heating & Cooling can help. Simply give us a call at 443-304-2379 to schedule an appointment!
Ductless Mini-Split Maintenance
If you want to ensure that your ductless mini split air conditioner runs at peak performance all year long, twice yearly maintenance is a good idea. When you have an HVAC contractor from All Seasons Heating & Cooling inspect and tune up your ductless AC unit, you can expect the following steps to be taken:
- Cleaning and replacing the air filters
- Cleaning the evaporator coils
- Inspecting and cleaning the outdoor condensing unit
- Inspecting the refrigerant lines and insulation wraps
- Ensuring the unit is mounted solidly in place
- Ensuring that the fan wheel and blower assembly are balanced
- Removing excess debris from outside of the unit
Having these activities performed will improve the efficiency of your system, making your more comfortable while saving you money. It can also help detect any small problems before they become major headaches!
Schedule Ductless Air Conditioning Services in Baltimore & Annapolis, Maryland
Are you ready for ductless AC service? Call All Seasons Heating & Cooling now—443-304-2379!