In order to keep your HVAC system functioning properly and make sure it lasts, you’ll need to be sure to have regular maintenance completed. This will not only help you avoid costly repairs or an early replacement, but it will help minimize monthly energy bills while maximizing functionality.
What exactly does the HVAC maintenance process involve? At All Seasons Heating & Cooling, we recommend using this HVAC maintenance checklist to keep your unit operating as it should.
- Replace your air filters every 1 – 6 months depending on how much dirt they’re accumulating
- Clean the evaporator and condenser coils annually
- Treat the air handler after cleaning coils
- Have your HVAC system inspected annually for leaks and duct problems
- Have the fan and belts inspected twice a year
- Have a professional HVAC contractor clean air ducts twice a year
Periodically, you should also have your HVAC company check for lubrication and inspect all electrical connections. They can also perform maintenance services specifically for heating systems or air conditioning systems, depending on your needs.
If you start to notice that the temperature in your home is not matching the one set on your thermometer, you should call an HVAC professional for a service call before the problem worsens. Avoiding the issue can lead to more serious complications—including a complete HVAC breakdown that can only be remedied with a new unit or a major repair.
However, if you follow the tips above you should be able to avoid getting to this point unless, of course, your HVAC unit becomes too old to function as it should. In any case, this HVAC maintenance checklist will help you maximize efficiency and prolong the life of your unit as long as is possible; typically it should last at least 10 years.
Schedule HVAC Maintenance in the Baltimore Area
Need help with planned HVAC maintenance in the Baltimore area? All Seasons Heating & Cooling can help you:
- Tighten the electrical connections and make sure they are operating safely and effectively
- Lubricate all parts to improve efficiency
- Inspect the condensate drain in the cooling system for potential clogs
- Inspect your HVAC system to ensure it starts, operates, and turns off safely and properly
- And more
We can help you set a regular HVAC maintenance schedule and provide you with tune-ups, safety inspections, and more to prevent future malfunctions. Don’t wait till you notice a problem to start caring for your HVAC system! Contact us today to schedule HVAC maintenance in Maryland and rest assured your unit will function properly for as long as possible.