Furnace Troubleshooting Tips
If you are having issues with your furnace—whether it won’t turn on at all or it won’t heat your home sufficiently—there are some heater repair tips you can try at home to fix your problems.
Try the furnace troubleshooting tips below before calling our team of experts to help with your heating repair.
Furnace Troubleshooting Steps
- Check the Thermostat – This one may seem simple but sometimes we can try a million things only to work out our furnace hasn’t been switched over to heat. Once you have switched it over, wait a few minutes for the heat to kick on, and if this doesn’t help move on to some of our other suggestions.
- Switch Out the Filter – If the heat flow coming into your home seems to be low or you are hearing thumping noises, the solution may be as easy as changing out your filter. Filters that get dirty and filled with dust and debris can block air flow and cause thumping in your vents.
- Check the Pilot Light – If you have a gas furnace you will want to check the pilot light. If the pilot light is out you can try and relight it. If the flame is yellow it may be dirty and the pilot light area will need to be cleaned.
- Switch it On – If you have no heat, your furnace is not working at all, and your thermostat screen is blank, a breaker may have tripped or a fuse may be blown. Check your circuit breaker and flip the switch back on, if this doesn’t help you may need to check for blown fuses and replace them.
- Reduce Breezes – If your gas furnace pilot light continuously goes out it could be that there is a draft blowing straight through the area. Close windows and doors or block any holes that are causing the drafts to occur.
If using these furnace troubleshooting tips doesn’t help increase your home’s comfort you may need to contact us for help.
A great way to make sure your furnace functions correctly all winter long is to have maintenance performed before winter hits. Furnace maintenance can help fix the smaller issues before they turn into major issues. It will also keep your system running efficiently and effectively for many years to come.
It is a good idea to have furnace maintenance performed by heating experts to make sure your furnace is safe and functioning correctly.
Furnace Repair Service in Baltimore, MD
If you live in the Baltimore, Maryland area, have had your furnace maintained, and you have tried the troubleshooting tips above but are still having problems—the team at All Seasons can help. We understand that life often throws you curveballs and when it comes to your furnace problems, you don’t need to worry long.
Contact us today at All Seasons Heating & Cooling to schedule furnace maintenance or furnace repairs!
With All Seasons Today!